Choosing auto insurance coverage can be overwhelming. Whether purchasing a new insurance plan or revisiting a current one, it is best not to go into the process blind. Auto insurance is meant to provide protection and peace-of-mind, but this is only possible if drivers know the facts behind the insurance they possess. Here are some questions to ask the agent about coverage, policies, premiums, and personal injury protection.
After carefully reading and reviewing the declarations page and policy, consider asking your agent the following questions:
1. What is the next level of Liability coverage? How much will it cost?
2. What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM) coverage? Is the limit of my UM coverage equal to the limit of my Liability coverage?
3. Is there a “family member” exclusion in my policy? How much will it cost to negate it?
4. Can I get an Umbrella policy? How much will it cost?
5. Can I get UM in my Umbrella policy? How much will it cost?
6. What is the next level of Personal Injury Protection (PIP)? How much will it cost?
7. Can I get Medical Payments coverage? How much will it cost?
8. Should I waive PIP? How much will I save?
9. What is Enhanced Under-insured Motorist Coverage? How much will it cost?
An educated consumer is an informed consumer. If you have questions about your auto insurance coverage or have been involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, consult the dedicated auto accident attorneys at Azrael Franz.